W-2 Questions & Answers
Why choose electronic W-2’s?
- You will have access to your W-2 immediately once available.
- Form can be printed as many times as needed.
- Form can be downloaded to your personal computer for access at anytime.
- Form will be available through web access through October 15th.
- Form can be uploaded into most tax preparation software (Turbo tax and Quicken).
- Eliminate the risk of sending your social security number on paper copy through the mail.
- Eliminates the chance your W-2 will get lost, misdirected or delayed during delivery or misplaced after received.
What if I don’t want to receive my W-2 electronically?
Employees who do not want or choose not to receive their W-2 electronically do not need to do anything. A copy of your W-2 will be mailed to the home address on file by the end of January.
Accurate distribution of paper W-2 forms is dependent on each employee keeping their home address current in the HR system.
When do I have to decide how to receive my W-2?
Employees have until the first week in January to elect to receive an electronic W-2.
What about data security?
Circle K is very aware of the sensitivity of personal data. Personal data extracted from the Human Resource Management System is encrypted prior to sending or posting. The W-2 website has security measures in place to protect against the loss, misuse or alteration of information.
If I sign up to receive my W-2 electronically, how will I be notified?
In January, you will receive an email notification that your form W-2 is available online. You can then print your W-2, download it to your personal computer or import it into a tax software package. Keep in mind that by choosing to receive your W-2 online, you will not receive a paper copy via U.S. Mail.
What if I change my mind about the delivery method I chose?
You may withdraw your consent at any time.
How do I sign up to receive my W-2 electronically?
All employees can elect to receive their W-2 online, by completing a simple one time on- line registration.
To register, go to https://www.paperlessemployee.com/Circlek and choose ‘create an account.’ Follow the steps on the screen to register for electronic delivery.
- You will need to enter your social security number and date of birth to create your personalized user ID and password.
- You can enter your e-mail address to receive notification when your W-2 form is available online.
- If you provide an email address you will receive a “Thank you” confirmation notice after you successfully complete the online registration. This email will also include important information about the electronic paperless process.